Thursday3Some - Fiction Popularity

Today I thought I'd share 3 statistics about the books readers are buying.

Everyone has a favorite genre of fiction. Within your chosen genre, you probably have a specific type of story you want to read.

That can be called a sub-genre. You might call it plot or theme or premise. 

In the Mystery genre, common sub-genres are cozy, police procedural, suspense, and thriller.

In the Romance genre, common sub-genres are sweet, spicy, romantic suspense, historical, etc.

All of the sub-genres are broken down by an aspect of the story or plot. In Romance, some of the most popular are small town, second chance, marriage of convenience, enemies to lovers, and dozens more. With Romance, this is one of the reasons it's the most popular genre in the world. Yes, that's right. In the entire world. (Stats come from Alex Newton's K-lytics reports. If you're an author or want to be one, I strongly urge you to research your favorite genre with Alex's reports.

3 FACTS ABOUT THE MOST POPULAR FICTION GENRE

1. the most popular genre on Amazon Kindle is romance with sales of the category increasing every year over the previous year.

2. More than half of the Top-400 most sold Kindle books are romance titles. That's why you often see new dedicated categories within the Romance Fiction category.

3. The majority of authors of these Romance novels are self-published.

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

If you want to do a bit of research on your own,, plug in the search string "romance books" on Google. You'll find a lot of information that may amaze you.

Sign up for my free NL that offers exclusive content and news about book bargains and new releases. I promise your email will never be shared. SIGN UP TODAY. and receive your copy of I LOVE READING in your Inbox next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment