Monday Magic - Free Answers

What can a Knowledge Base do for you?

Answer questions from curated external sources. That's what WolframAlpha can do for you.

There are 2 modes in which you can query this website: Natural Language and Math Input.

There are 4 columns of listed subjects:

  • Mathematics
  • Science & Technology
  • Society & Culture
  • Everyday Life.

Below each column Category, there are 8 topics shown and a button to click for more topics. If you click on a topic, a screen opens with some common computations or answers shown. You can fill in the information you need. For instance, Under Society & Culture, you can click on Food & Nutrition. An information sceen shows the calories in swiss cheese. Change that to Gruyere and hit enter. Instantly, the nutritional content of Gruyere.

From the simple to the complex, you can find answers to just about anything by using the free website WolframAlpha.

In case you're wondering, the website uses a form of artificial intelligence, but it is symbolic AI, not the modern generative or statistical AI (like ChatGPT). 

In other words, symbolic AI does not guess words based on patterns. It uses rules, algorithms, and curated data to compute exact answers. 

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

Since answers are curated, I think this may be more accurate than many of the answers now given by Google. I know I've found erroneous information when I've researched on Google. What's your experience been since Google began sourcing via AI?

Sign up for my free NL that offers exclusive content and news about book bargains and new releases. I promise your email will never be shared. SIGN UP TODAY. and receive your copy of I LOVE READING in your Inbox next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment