Darling Hubby and I have read the Reacher books by Lee Child and were thrilled when a physically appropriate actor was finally tapped to play the larger than life hero.
Season 4 has a compelling mystery to keep viewers guessing, and it has some good secondary cast members: Sydelle Noel as Detective Tamara Green, Kevin Corrigan as her partner Shaun Docherty, Christopher Rodriguez-Marquette as Jacob Merrick, Agnez Mo as Lila, Marc Blucas and John Sampson, Kathleen Robertson as Elspeth Sampson, Kevin Weisman as Russell Plum, and Chris Owens as Nolan Cahill.
This series is tremendously popular and has legions of fans.
BUT...
Don't throw rotten eggs at me, and for goodness's sake, don't send death threats that necessitate my calling the Constable's Cyber Crimes Unit again, but I have a little complaint. I'm probably thhe only one who thinks this, but with every succeeding season, Alan Ritchson as Reacher becomes more and more robotic in his performance.
Reacher, Season 1, was fantastic. Ritchson breathed life into the character. He was strong, larger than life, witty, and had an appealing personality as he tackled the mystery at the heart of the season. He didn't back down from threats. He used brutall force when it was called for, but he still seemed human.
With each passing season, he has become more like a machine, fighting, killing, brutalizing the bad guys, and tersely snapping out dialogue with nary a smile.
I'll watch the rest of the season and see if I'm wrong about his season's presentation of the Reacher character.
TAKEAWAY TRUTH
It may just be me, but the powers that be need to go back and watch Season 1 so they can learn why Reacher was so immediately appealing.

No comments:
Post a Comment