New Release: Secondhand Hearts by Kathryn Hills

Return to Last Chance Beach with Secondhand Hearts by Kathryn Hills.

Life takes you down many winding paths. Will theirs lead to love on Last Chance Beach?

Tasked with convincing her beloved grandmother to move back to the mainland, Kat Worthington returns to Last Chance Beach.

This vacation island paradise is filled with cherished memories, and the thought of relocating her loved one weighs heavy on Kat’s heart.

Is the alternative to uproot her life, stay on the island, and help run Gran’s charming B&B and antique shop?

Handsome neighbor, Ben Hadley, sure hopes it is. He and his playful pup are doing their best to upend Kat’s plans. Will their efforts convince her to stay?

Or will it require some of Gran’s special island magic?

Excerpt from Secondhand Hearts
A Last Chance Beach Novella by Kathryn Hills

“Look at that… Didn’t even break the pot.” Gran gave her a sassy little wink. “You’ve always been one for divine timing, Kitty.”

“Pot?”

“Yup, I knew I had a matching teapot to the set that came in yesterday.” Gran stood a little straighter and squared her chin. “Besides, I’m not alone. Ben is here.”

“Who the heck is Ben?”

“That’d be me.” A deep, male voice came from behind, startling Kat.

Spinning with a gasp, her eyes widened when connecting with six feet plus of drop-dead gorgeous, dark-haired man.

He met her stare full-on without so much as a hint of humility, and he nodded a curt greeting.

“Haddie Marshall, are you up to your old tricks again?” Ben brushed past Kat. “I told you to wait and I’d look with you.”

“Well, I didn’t want you fussing. I know you’re busy.”

“Excuse me,” Kat interrupted, not bothering to disguise the irritation in her voice. “Who are you, and why would you allow my seventy-seven-year-old grandmother to climb to the scorching top of a barn and up a ladder for a teapot?”

The man stared at her in silence. One dark brow cocked in obvious annoyance.

“Ben Hadley…meet my first grandbaby, Kitty Worthington,” Gran announced with a proud smile.

“It’s Kat, Gran. Or Katrina,” she grumbled. “No one has called me Kitty since the fifth grade.”

“Oh, shush, child. You’ll always be Kitty to me and Grandpa Mike.” The elderly woman’s smile fell away. She took a wobbly step forward to hand Ben the box. “Be a love and take this down for me. I think I’d better hang on extra tight to the railing after all this excitement.”

“I’ll take the box,” Kat snapped. “You help my grandmother back to the house, where we can turn on some air conditioning.”

Meet the Author, Kathryn Hills

KATHRYN HILLS...Best-selling romance author, ghost hunter, dog lover, and iced coffee addict. She’s hauntingly romantic unless she’s writing sweet. From graveyards to country inns, get ready to explore spooky mysteries and have some sexy fun.

Find Kathryn Hills Online


Twitter * Amazon Author Page * BookBub

Learn more about Kathryn Hills and the Last Chance Beach Romance line on the Last Chance Beach WebPage.

Coming in September...

Sand, Salt, and Spirits, A Last Chance Beach Romance by Kathryn Hills.

Kyle Worthington hasn’t returned to Last Chance Beach in years. He’s worked hard to prove himself to his overbearing father and the rest of the world. 

Now it’s October, and the vacation island paradise is celebrating the season with an island-wide Fall Festival.

Family obligation demands he participate. Everyone will be there, including the ghost that haunts his grandparents’ B&B.

Visit Last Chance Beach Romance to learn more about Sand, Salt, and SpiritsA Last Chance Beach Romance by Kathryn Hills.

Takeaway Truth

Last Chance Beach is the island paradise we all need. It may be fiction, but it feels real when you visit it in romance novels full of joy, hope, and optimism. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me, Joan! I absolutely LOVE Last Chance Beach and can't wait to return again this fall. It's a unique and charming setting for SO MANY wonderful books. I truly want to hop onto those pages and live there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is mine, Kathy. I loved the Last Chance Beach Romance I wrote and look forward to all of the ones that follow.

      Delete