House Sold—What's Next

Darling Hubby and I have been very busy. We sold our house. That was the easy part.

All the buyer's inspections are finished, we'll be signing the final papers at closing in a few weeks.

I wish I could have picked up my wonderful house and moved it to a big lot and have another room built on downstairs because I want an office on the ground floor.

Next Step

We've begun the next step which is looking for a 1 story house. So far, that effort has netted a big fat zero.

We changed strategy. Now we're looking for a 2 story with a study or an extra bedroom on the first floor that can be turned into an office.

Net result? Lots of looking at houses that need a lot of remodeling. We've done the remodeling gig on 2 houses in past years. I really don't want to do it again. We have 1 week left to look for that mythical ideal house.

New Next Step

After next week, we begin packing and lining up a moving company to pick up our furniture and move it into storage. We'll move to our house in the country and wait until the right house comes along.

Takeaway Truth

As of now, I'm going to quit worrying about (1) finding a house in  a week, (2) finding movers, (3) packing, and (4) all the other unsolvable issues in my life. Must be time to start writing a new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment