Natural Relief for Itchy Eyes

I have very sensitive eyes. If I spend a lot of time outdoors, especially when the wind is blowing, my eyes itch like crazy.

I've tried every kind of OTC eye drop, but the only one that helps is a gel drop that makes the world one big blur.

For obvious reasons, I only use this at bedtime.

Mint To the Rescue

However, I found a natural  way to soothe itchy, irritated eyes whether that's caused by allergens, dry air, or tiredness. All you need is some mint tea bags which you can find in just about every super market.

1. Add 2 mint tea bags to 1 cup of boiling water.

2. Let steep for about a minute.

3. Remove each tea bag, squeeze to get all the excess water out, place teabags on a saucer, and put in refrigerator until they're cool--not cold--just cool.

4. When cool, lie down, close your eyes, and place a teabag over each eye.

5. Stay that way for 10 - 15 minutes.

You can meditate or take a catnap while you're lying there. Mint is used in aromatherapy to relieve anxiety, pain, and improve memory and alertness. Just about any variety of mint works in aromatherapy because both peppermint and spearmint are from the same mint family.

Takeaway Truth

Relief the natural way helps relieve your eye problem and also provides some aromatherapy benefit. Sounds like a win-win to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment