Christmas Traditions

When people talk about Christmas traditions, most of them mention things that are large-scale and sweeping, but traditions can also be little things.

Yesterday was a perfect example. I bought a box of chocolate-covered cherries. Just one box. Then I called my older brother to tell him. Sounds silly, doesn't it?

The big deal about that box of chocolates is that our grandfather bought us a box every Christmas.

They were Brach's chocolates back then. Now, Queen Anne is about the only brand I find. Unconsciously, I'm on the lookout for these chocolates when the Christmas season begins.

When I score a box and call my brother, we talk about our grandfather and how wonderful he was. We laugh about the same gift every Christmas and how much we loved it and looked forward to it.

Takeaway Truth

God is in the details. You've heard that expression often. It's true because the little details make up a life.

1 comment: