Meet Author Melanie Greene

Please welcome author Melanie Greene who is a rarity among Houstonians--she's a native Houstonian. You see, Houston is the great melting pot. It's uncommon to meet someone who is a native.

Melanie told me that her greatest pleasure is in creating characters who feel like friends, then giving them some (or several!) challenges to overcome on the way to Happily Ever After. Check out her steamy contemporary romances, full of brainy banter, cosmopolitan cowgirls, and hometown hunks.

Melanie shares her life with her own hometown hunk of a husband and children so amazing they defy superlatives.

Find Melanie Greene Online

Website: http://www.melaniegreene.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Writer.MelGreene
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dakimel
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8386542.Melanie_Greene

Melanie Greene Tackles the Dirty Dozen

1. In which genre do you write and why that particular genre?

I write single title contemporary romance. It’s great fun for me to create real-world people with modern problems, and then give then more problems, and an inconvenient romance to boot.

2. What's your most recent book and what's it about?

My debut novel Rocket Man is the first in a series about four former college roommates who create a middle school type fortune telling game to predict their romantic futures! In Rocket Man, Serena wants only one thing: a house all her own, so she never has to move or accommodate others again. And Dillon wants everything, including to be as much in Serena’s space as possible.

3. As an author, what can readers expect when they read one of your books?

Readers can expect brains, banter, and bedrooms! My characters are fun and likable and hot for each other, and they move in an appealing version of our own world.

4. How did you "become" an author? For instance, was there a moment when you said: "I think I'll write a book."

Back in 5th grade, when my teacher (Penny Heap, best teacher ever) complimented my writing style, I latched on to that and never let it go. My BA and MA are in creative writing, so I’ve been pursuing this goal for my entire adult life!

5. What's the best thing about being an author?

Besides the working in jammies part? When I’m writing and my heart starts pounding or I start crying because the tension my characters are feeling leaps straight off the page into reality.

6. What's the worst thing about being an author?

When I wear holes into my favorite jammies. No, really, the worst thing is that I’m a classic perfectionist, so I constantly want ‘just one more look’ at my work before I let it go.

7. Do you have editions of your books available other than ebook editions?

Not yet! Later this year I will have print and audio versions.

8. Do you listen to audio books? If so, what device do you use?

I constantly listen to audio books. I’m mad for them, and last year alone listened to 115 titles. Most of the time I listen on my phone, though I have an MP3 player and sometimes listen to CDs in the car, as well. (I used to have two MP3 players, and the worst thing happened – I left one of them in a hotel while I was on a road trip.)

9. What device do you use to read ebooks?

Usually my phone, though I switch to my kindle on occasion.

10. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?

Give yourself deadlines. And tell someone else what they are – it’s too easy to let writing time slip away if you’re accountable only to yourself. One way to help you make time for yourself is to have your teenage son interrogate you about how much you’ve written that day (speaking from experience!)

11. If you could tell readers one thing, what would it be?

I read voraciously, and my reading life became a lot more fun once I stopped feeling the need to apologize (even to myself) for not liking what everyone likes. Even if you’re in a book club, no one gets to decide what you ‘have’ to read, so follow your heart!

12. What is your big dream (or goal) as a writer?

My current goal is to publish the rest of the novels and novellas in the Roll of the Dice series throughout 2014-15. After that, I’ve got several other book ideas I’m eager to explore, so my big dream is to have time to write everything in my heart!

Thanks, Joan, for having me at SlingWords. It’s been a lot of fun! ~~ Happy to have you, Melanie!

Want to Buy Rocket Man?

Kindle Edition of Rocket Man

Nook Edition of Rocket Man

Kobobooks Edition of Rocket Man

Google Books Edition of Rocket Man

iTunes Apple Edition of Rocket Man

Takeaway Truth

It's exciting to discover new authors and their books. Take the opportunity to do just that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment