August Goal: Plan, Don't Overplan

Since April, I've been trying to rehab from my shoulder/arm problem which caused excruciating pain.

I should have seen a doctor back in February when I saw the injury caused in January wasn't improving.

I let everything else slide—doing only the minimum to keep readers from forgetting I existed.

Now it's August, and I've seen enough improvement that I'm trying to up my game.

To that end, I'm back to planning my work day and trying really hard not to overplan which I tend to do. Overplanning results in feeling overwhelmed because I can never complete all the tasks I've set for each day.

1-3-5 Planning

Yes, after floating through the days for 6 months, I'm back to using the 1-3-5 Rule. I set 1 big thing to accomplish, 3 medium size items, and 5 small goals. I've written about this before. Here are a few of the posts I've written in the past: 

Simplify With 1-3-5 List

79 Days Using 1-3-5 Method

Update on 1-3-5 Method for Achievement

Procrastinating and Over-Thinking?

If you need a little help to get over the hump of over-thinking and anxiety in the face of everything that's going on in the world, may I recommend Stop Over Thinking by Nick Trenton?

With 4,081 reviews averaging 4.5 stars, I think it's worth a read if you're having a difficult time going forward. It's available in Kindle, Audio, Paperback, and Hardback.

If you're kind of jogging in place and not ready to make a plan like mine, maybe you need to read a book like that.

Takeaway Truth

Be kind to yourself and do something good to help you get ahead. In any event, I'm back to the 1-3-5 Plan, and I'm sticking to it. Have a month of peace and joy!

Joan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program which means if you click an Amazon link in her post she may earn a tiny commission.


No comments:

Post a Comment