Money

This afternoon I've been catching up on my accounting and paying bills. The last two months have been so hectic with my daughter's surgery and then in the hospital that I haven't had time to do much except pay a bill and get it in the mail.

Today as I'm posting the various sets of books I keep for the various businesses my husband and I engage in, I found myself thinking that life would be so much easier and happier if one did not need money.

Of course, I remembered what Jane Austen wrote in Mansfield Park: "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of."

Oh, Jane, you were so wise to be so young.

Takeaway Truth

I'll finish with another quotation. This one, from Ernest Haskins, is often quoted because it's so true to life: "Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have."

No comments:

Post a Comment