I Will Not Watch the Olympics This Year

I can't believe it. I simply can't believe someone thought the entertainment at the opening ceremony for the Olympics was a good idea.

The Paris extravaganza had these advertisers: Coca-Cola, Delta, Eli Lilly & Co., Toyota, Visa, and Comcast’s Xfinity.

I was raised to respect every religion—to never mock another's beliefs. To see one of the most profound events of my Christian faith mocked was appalling. 

I couldn't even write about this until now. Why is it that people feel free to do this to Christians? If this had been another major religion, what would be the consequence of ridiculing it or insulting it?

Does our tolerance make people think we are weak? That they can insult our religion? That we will just laugh it off?

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

I'm not laughing, and I'm not forgetting. I'm not watching the Olympics. In fact, I'm looking for a list of the other advertisers for the event so I can be sure I don't support them either.

2 comments:

  1. I’m with ya, there was so much wrong with the opening ceremonies, I couldn’t watch it, and I’m boycotting the Olympics as well.

    ReplyDelete