Saturday Share: Recipe - Bacardi Rum Cake

With Mother's Day coming up, I was thinking about my Mom and all the delicious cakes she baked.

One particular cake didn't suit my taste buds when I was a kid. When I was older, I guess my taste buds had matured because I found I really liked the Bacardi Rum Cake she made.

That's today's Saturday Share Recipe which I have made easier by using a boxed yellow cake mix. I hope you enjoy this treat.

MOM'S BACARDI RUM CAKE

Ingredients

1 boxed yellow cake mix

1 4-ounce box Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix

4 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup vegetable oil (not olive oil or corn oil)

1/2 cup Bacardi Dark Rum (or a less expensive brand)

1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions

(1) Prepare a bundt cake pan with baking spray. Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly in the bottom of the pan.

(2) Preheat the oven at 325° Fahrenheit (163° Celsius).

(3) Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and rum in a large mixing bowl. Blend well on slow speed then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. 

(4) Spread the batter evenly over the pecans in the bundt pan. 

(5) Bake for 60 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. While it's cooling,  make the Glaze—recipe follows.

Glaze Ingredients

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter

1/4 cut water

1/4 cup Bacardi Rum

Glaze Instructions

(1) In a saucepan, place the sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

(2) Remove from heat and stir in the 1/4 cup Bacardi Rum.

(3) Return the saucepan to the stove and bring to a boil again for 2 minutes.

(4) Remove the glaze and spoon it over the warm cake.

(5) Sift powdered sugar lightly over the cake.

Serve warm or cooled with a cup of fresh-brewed coffee or espresso. 

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

This sophisticated rum cake is a great dessert aafter a special meal. By the way, if you don't care for the taste of rum, simply reduce it to a couple of tablespoons in the glaze.

 

Sign up for I LOVE READING, my free NL, and receive exclusive content and book chat about giveaways, bargains, and new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment