Book of the Week: Happiness Is A Serious Problem

Happy Monday!

Last week, I watched a video inspired by the book,  Happiness Is a Serious Problem by Dennis Prager. I was intrigued by the title and by the content of the video and bought the book.

A lot of people talk about happiness, but no one really stresses why it's important or how to "get happy" and stay that way.

Maybe it's because we don't really understand the state of being happy.

Book Blurb

"In this unique blend of self-help and moral philosophy, perfect for fans of Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project or Dan Harris’ 10% Happier, talk-radio host Dennis Prager shows us that happiness isn’t just a value—it’s a moral obligation."

I bought the paperback version of the book so I can pass it on to my family book club when I finish reading it. The book is also available as an ebook and audiobook.

Written in a conversational style, the profound content is full of home truths like: "Happiness is a moral imperative." Yes, we owe it to the people in our lives to be happy and to teach others how to be happy.

I believe the author nailed it when he asserted that the problems and evils of the world are created by unhappy people. Think about it. Do happy people wear suicide vests and kill themselves and a crowd of innocents? I don't think so.

Takeaway Truth

I believe the world would be a more peaceful place if the happy people outnumbered the unhappy, moody ones. If you read this book and believe what the author says, pass the book on. The world needs more happy people.
Joan participates in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, affiliate advertising designed to help websites earn advertising fees by linking to products on Amazon. If you click links in her post, she may receive a small commision at no extra cost to you.

Get Joan's FREE Newsletter, I LOVE READING.
Not a subscriber? Click here to SIGN UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment