Black Friday Specials for Readers

Image by Basim Miller of Pixabay
Once upon a time, I avoided Black Friday sales. I'm not much for the pushing and shoving of crowds all looking to score bargains—not to mention the whole driving around and searching for a parking spot.

Backstory of Black Friday

When online shopping began, I changed my mind about Black Friday, now a national shopping day that was named by the Philadelphia police back in the 1950s when they noticed the huge crowds who came to the city the day after Thanksgiving simply to shop.

Black Friday Ongoing

Since Amazon and other retailers started Black Friday early this year, it's lost a little of its impact. I've already completed my post-Thanksgiving shopping.

Sales continue until the 27th I believe, but here are a few things I think Readers would be especially interested in.

Black Friday Specials for Readers

The Amazon Fire 7 Tablet is about the best bargain I've found. It has over 12,000 reviews averaging 4.5 stars. Fits in your hand and perfect for kids. Parental controls available.

You can read ebooks with it and go online too. This model is an unbelievable $39.95 and has a 10-hour battery life and 16 gb of storage.

You can get this tablet in black, denim, and rose. This one displays ads on the lockscreen. If you want a model without the ads, the cost increases to $54.99.

Amazon Fire 8HD

If you want one for yourself, this is the perfect model for streaming, reading ebooks, checking social media, etc. It's lightweight and has 13 hours of battery life and can have the storage upgraded.

Kindle Ereader

If you want a dedicated ereader that has a built-in light, this is the latest version and a great buy at $99.99 for the version with lockscreen ads. Without lockscreen ads, you'll pay $119.99. A single charge lasts weeks, not hours. It comes in black and denim, and you can get a discount if you trade in an older Kindle.

Relax on Black Friday

JUST ONE LOOK, my first bestseller on Amazon that sold more than 50,000 copies the year it was published on Kindle, is on sale now for 99¢.

(I think it sold almost twice that many, but I don't have time to go check my old spreadsheet.)

"This story gripped me and didn't let go. I finished it in five hours! It was fast-paced and filled with emotion and very HOT moments.  The hero -- Matt -- is delicious and sweet. Very enjoyable read." 5 Stars —MWatson Review

Check back daily because I'll have sales throughout the rest of the year on my books and books by author friends.

Takeaway Truth

I hope you grab some of the Black Friday bargains to enhance your reading time. If you read one of my holiday books, please do me a favor and leave a review—just a couple of sentences saying what you liked about the story. Happy bargain shopping.

 Joan participates in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, affiliate advertising designed to help websites earn advertising fees by linking to products on Amazon. If you click links in her post, she may receive a small commision at no extra cost to you.


Do you receive Joan's FREE Newsletter, I LOVE READING?
Not a subscriber? Click here to SIGN UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment