Take 5 Book Chat With Brenda Whiteside

Good morning! Grab your favorite cuppa and allow me to introduce you to my guest today on TAKE 5 Book Chat.


Brenda Whiteside is the award-winning author of romantic suspense, cozy mystery, and romance. 

After living in 6 states and 2 countries—so far—she and her husband have settled in Central Arizona.

They admit to being gypsies at heart so they won't discount the possibility of another move. They share their home with a rescue dog named Amigo. While FDW fishes, Brenda writes.


 
Penny’s secrets can ruin the presidential contender who ordered her family’s murder…and mark her as the next hit.

Penny Spark’s desire to reconnect with family this Christmas exposes her true identity—a secret she’s hidden for thirteen years from the political powers that murdered her family.

Jake Winters is out of rehab and coming to grips with his demons. When he meets Penny, he believes this holiday season could be the start of life after rock star status…until her secrets blow up his world.

With a government agent turned hit man closing in on her, Penny and Jake race to expose the presidential contender who targeted her family. 

Even if they win the race with death, the murder that stands between them could end their hopes for a new life…and love.

TAKE 5 WITH BRENDA WHITESIDE

1. What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to food and drink?
Brenda: Always Mexican food and a margarita, on the rocks, hold the salt. High fat and gooey!
 
2. What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to books?
Brenda: Just reading is a guilty pleasure no matter what it is. I spend so much time writing and promoting that when I climb into bed at night with a good suspense book, I’m at my most relaxed.

3. What kind of book promotion or marketing do you most enjoy doing and what kind do you least enjoy?
Brenda: I love in-person events. Talking to readers and introducing my books is so much fun. I’m a rare extrovert author. I love the vending venues and appearing at book clubs. Least enjoyable is trying to figure out Amazon and how to reach readers with their ad program. The techy stuff makes my head spin.

4. What is your biggest goal this year?
Brenda: In my writing, I have a “get it published” goal. I’m currently co-authoring a series with Joyce Proell and we want to get book two in our cozy mystery series (The Chocolate Martini Sisters Mystery books) out by mid-September. 

I have a book of quirky Christmas short stories I would like to get published by the end of summer. And last but not least, I am writing a children’s book with my ten-year-old granddaughter that I would like to finish. Whew!
 
5. What would you change about your career path if you could wave a magic wand?
Brenda: I would start this author thing at least twenty years earlier. I thought I wanted to fill a canvas with paint, but I’ve found filling a page with words to be so much more enjoyable. And I have so many ideas, I’m afraid my life is going to run out before the ideas do.
 
FINAL THOUGHTS FROM BRENDA

The Power of Love and Murder released yesterday, April 25! The other books in the series (book 4 and a sequel to book 1) release in May. You can receive the sequel, A Legacy of Love and Murder, free if you are a member of BNG (Brenda’s Newsletter Group).

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

Thanks, Brenda, for stopping by so we could get to know you better! Readers, the weekend is near. I know you're looking for a compelling read that will keep you hooked to the page. Grab a copy of Brenda's new release, The Power of Love and Murder

Joan participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising fees by linking to products on Amazon.

DROP BY AND VISIT JOAN ONLINE

Website * Blog * Amazon * BookBub * Facebook * Twitter * YouTube 





2 comments: