Celebrating 18 Years of Blogging

 


Eighteen years ago, I started SlingWords. That was probably a million words ago.I lost track a few yearsback. This has been a labor of love. Sure, there have been days I missed, especially the last two years, but I always come back to this blog.

Why keep it up after 18 years? I look at my blog as a way to communicate with the world. Like most writers, I spend my writing days alone in my office with only the thoughts in my head and the music playing in the background for company.

I'm at the age where I feel I have a lot of life wisdom and writing wisdom to share with others. That's what I'd like to do—help other achieve their dreams, help them avoid the mistakes I've made, and help them to find more joy than frustration in this competitive business of writing for profit.

I like blogging. I think it's a worthwhile way to spend one's time.

I've learned a lot since I began in 2005.

That's what I tried to impart in the book I wrote on Blogging.

If you'd like a ton of tips on how to blog successfully and pages of resources, grab a copy of my book.

Blog Ops: Search and Destroy Bad Blog Elements, Rescue Hostage Blogs, Be a Better Blogger is only 99¢ but worth far more than that.

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

I'll keep blogging until the day comes when it's a chore. I may not blog daily as I did for most of these past 18 years, but I will blog more days than not in a week.

Joan participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising fees by linking to products on Amazon.

DROP BY AND VISIT JOAN ONLINE

Website * Blog * Amazon * BookBub * Facebook * Twitter * YouTube 

No comments:

Post a Comment