Book Spotlight: Katie's Gamble by Kara O'Neal

Good morning!

Grab your cup of coffee, tea, or whatever, and let's chat with Kara O'Neal about her latest book, Katie's Gamble, which is in the SlingWords Book Spotlight today.

Get to Know Kara O'Neal

Award-winning author, Kara O’Neal is a teacher and lives in Texas with her husband and three children.

She writes stories with strong family ties, lots of romance and guaranteed happy endings!

Please visit Kara at her Website.

Subscribe to Kara's free Newsletter and get the latest news about new releases and barggains. Find Kara online at these other websites:

Facebook   *  Twitter   *  Pinterest  *  Goodreads

About Katie's Gamble by Kara O'Neal

Katie McCord bears much weight on her shoulders–single-handedly running her family’s business, McCord’s Confectionery, and caring for her three younger siblings.

Her little shop is in trouble, which forces her to seek help from her brother, Johnny McCord, a notorious gambler living in New Orleans, or lose everything.

Rowdy Denton might be a gambler working for Johnny McCord, but one look at Katie’s sweet innocence tugs at the ache and guilt in his heart.

For his peace of mind, he’s determined to get her out of the opulent hotel and brothel kept by her brother and back to the little town in Texas where she belongs—far away from Rowdy.

When Johnny refuses to sell his share to Katie, he sends Rowdy to her hometown to cause her further trouble. But, instead, Rowdy finds himself working as her hired hand and helping her keep everything together.

Katie knows Rowdy has another purpose for being in Echols. He works for her brother, after all, and is a gambler himself. So, why is he helping her? When she discovers the answer to her question, she races back to New Orleans, prepared to make the biggest gamble of her life.

Behind the Story: Writing Katie's Gamble

Q: What inspired you to write this particular story?

KO: I do this thing where I fall in love with secondary characters. I can’t help it. Once a picture forms in my mind, a story usually follows. And then I just have to write it. Even if the character is a villain.

During MAGGIE’S SONG, I met Rowdy Denton. Gambler. Gunslinger. Collector of debts. And he had no give in him. But somehow I felt that underneath the harshness beat a heart of gold. And I had to find out why. So, I wrote KATIE’S GAMBLE and Rowdy became a hero I will always cherish.

Q: How did you choose the names for your main characters (any particular reason?)

KO: I chose “Katie” for my heroine because her last name was going to be McCord, and I think “Katie McCord” sounds so musical. I chose “Rowdy” because when I first pictured him, I thought, “Well, he looks rowdy.” So, he became “Rowdy Denton.”

Q: If this book were made into a movie, who would star as the heroine and the hero?

KO: This is soooo easy! Jennifer Morrison and Colin O’Donoghue. They are beautiful together!

Takeaway Truth

Great weekend reading is just ahead so grab a copy of Katie's Gamble by Kara O'Neal.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Joan! I enjoyed telling your readers about Katie and Rowdy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure, Kara! Good luck with Katie's Gamble.

      Delete
  2. Great interview!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read, Kara! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colin would be a good match with anyone, but the two of them are great together. And I love the sound of this book. I always like those bad boys with a big heart! Thanks for sharing this, Joan, and thanks for writing wonderful stories for us to read, Kara!

    ReplyDelete