Book Spotlight: Death in the Perfect House by Caroline Clemmons

I'm happy to shine a spotlight on a long-time friend, Caroline Clemmons, and her new book Death in the Perfect House.

Get Acquainted with Caroline Clemmons

You may already know her as a bestelling author of western romance. 

Well, I have some exciting news for you. Caroline is branching out into mystery with a lighthearted humorous cozy with no graphic sex and violence.

Subscribe to Caroline's FREE Newsletter to learn when new books become available and to take advantage of the bargains she offers.

You can visit Caroline online at these websites:





(1) What inspired you to write this particular story?

CC: Sometimes characters and/or situations pop into my head and won’t rest until I write their story. That may sound crazy to people who aren’t writers. 

Personally, I find it inspiring when a scene for a book pops into my head like a scene from a movie. The scene doesn’t end up as the first scene in the book, but it contains the main characters.

The two types of books I read most often are romance and mystery. DEATH IN THE PERFECT HOUSE is a cozy mystery with romance.

(2) How did you choose the names for your main characters (any particular reason?)

CC: I like unusual names, and thought Zoe was rare. Since I started the book, I’ve come across the name several times. Even my daughter’s dog came from the pound named Zoe. I like the name, though, and my protagonist kept Zoe. Her last name, Wilder, conveys her quirky nature.

As for the other characters, I try to vary the ethnicity and first letter of the name. I often use Biblical names for the male main character, which is how I chose Caleb. He’s tall like many Scots, so I chose a Scottish name, McBride.

(3) If this book were made into a movie, who would star as the heroine and the hero?

CC: That’s a hard question because they only exist in my head. Plus, there are so many young actors and actresses that I can’t even name them all. I suppose Emma Stone would make a good Zoe Wilder. Perhaps Chris Pine could be Caleb McBride. For me, seeing this book as a movie would be fabulous!

Takeaway Truth

Ah, the weekend approaches. Why not grab this whimsical cozy mystery, Death in the Perfect House? It's a Kindle Unlimited Free Read for subscribers, or $3.99 to purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Joan. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank YOU, Caroline. It's always a pleasure to have you as a guest.

    ReplyDelete