Become a Happy Dog Parent

Isn't Freddie handsome? He's posing because he got a haircut to beat the summer heat.

Back in January, I told you how Freddie ate something he shouldn't have and had to get the canine version of  stomach pumping. Not pleasant for him or his humans.

I blogged about the plants which are toxic to dogs

Recently, I received an email from Dr. Leslie Brooks DVM, MPH, who is a Vet Advisor to @betterpet. She had read my post about toxic plants.

She told me that BetterPet.com had added a great article for those who want to be dog owners and asked me to tell my readers.

I'm happy to pass this link on to you. The post is a comprehensive look at the responsibilities, time, and expense that accompany becoming a dog parent.

Dash over to BetterPet and read/bookmark this post:

11 Little-Known Facts About Owning a Dog.

CoVid Dog Adoptions

Last year when CoVid stay-at-home began, many rushed to animal shelters and adopted dogs. I was horrified to read many of those dogs have since been abandoned because people had no idea that dogs required time, energy, and, yes, money to become happy, healthy additions to the family.

Do yourself a favor. Read 11 Little-Known Facts About Owning a Dog.

Takeaway Truth

Do everyone a favor. If you ever have a pet and realize you're in over your head, call an animal rescue service and make arrangements to surrender the pet for adoption. Abandoning a pet is cruel and inhumane.

No comments:

Post a Comment