Friday? Hurrah!

Finally, it's Friday. It's been a rough week here at the casa. Storms every day. Power blipping on and off. Thank goodness our home is in one of the highest elevations in Houston.

I'm also glad the lake in our community is constant level with its own drain. Our 2 resident ducks, Fred and Ethyl, love this weather of course.

I'm headed to the ranch for the weekend, and I'm hoping it's not raining there. I feel as if I'm growing mold and mildew.

Loving Friday?

Why is it we all love Friday so much? I no longer work outside the home and haven't in many years, but Friday always puts a spring in my step.

There's a neat book about making the most of Fridays you might be interested in.

The author is Robert Glazer, and the book is available on audio, ebook, and print.

Friday Forward: Inspiration & Motivation to End Your Week Stronger Than It Started

Celebrating Friday Quotations

I found some great quotes on 160 Happy Friday Quotes. Here are a few. Visit the site to read all of them.

"Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest.” – D.S. Mixel

"Friday afternoon feels like Heaven.” – El Fuego

"Friday the 13th is still better than Monday the whatever.” – Anonymous

"Friday sees more smiles than any other day of the workweek!” – Kate Summers

"Friday. The golden child of the weekdays. The superhero of the workweek. The welcome wagon to the weekend.” – Anonymous

“When you leave work on Friday, leave work. Don’t let technology follow you throughout your weekend (answering text messages and emails) take a break you will be more refreshed to begin the workweek if you have had a break.” – Catherine Pulsifer

Takeaway Truth

I've tried that last bit of wisdom and unplugged Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, that quadrupled my work load on Monday. In fact, it took me half of Monday to go through emails. Essentially, that made my behind all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment