Dog Rescue Project

I was going to start the day with writing, but I've been out all morning trying to rescue a dog.

He's a large male, black except for white markings on his chest. I saw him yesterday lying in a rain puddle.

He found his way into our gated community and is lost and scared.

He has no collar, but you can tell he's been well cared for. He's a handsome dog. I've posted a photo on Nextdoor to all the surrounding neighborhoods to see if anyone recognizes him, but no one has claimed him yet.

He won't let anyone get near him. I have a container of food I prepared for him, but he won't get near enough to smell it. I heard him howling mournfully during the night, and it breaks my heart.

 If I can "catch" him, an animal rescue group will come pick him up and put him up for adoption if no one claims him.

Takeaway Truth

I can't think of anything else to do, and I also can't focus on writing.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good person, Joan. Compassion for animals (in my opinion) is the difference between a person I'd like and one I wouldn't. I hope the dog finds a good home soon. Thank you for helping!

    ReplyDelete