Thursday

A post for today. Hmm? I've been so busy updating documents for my Romance Gems blog group that my attention hasn't been on my own blog.

Late today, I realized I hadn't blogged yet. Ack! 

I racked my brain and the only thing I came up with was the meaning of Thursday. 

Actually, I often joke about Thursday, saying, "I'll see you on Thor's Day. That's actually the meaning of the English word Thursday. You probably know this already, right?

Thursday is named after the Norse god of thunder, Thor. That's in Old English of course. Thor is represented riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the well-known Thor's hammer. In most languages with Latin origins, the day is named after Jupiter, the god and planet.

Takeaway Truth

That's it. That's all I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment