Take 5 With Award-winning Author Nancy Morse

I'm happy to have award-winning author Nancy Morse as my guest today.

Grab your coffee and let's Take 5 with Nancy.

About Nancy Morse

Nancy writes contemporary and historical romance, with a little paranormal thrown in too. Although her historical romance novels are set in a variety of eras and places, her favorite subject is 19th century Native American.

Nancy lives in South Florida with her husband and their Alaskan Malamute, Indio, aka Big Fur.

Find Nancy Online

Website * Facebook * Twitter * Tsu * LinkedIn

About Where The Wild Wind Blows

Their love gained strength from the land… Born and raised in Sioux country, Katie McCabe, daughter of an Indian trader, finds herself alone when her family is killed in a battle between the Army and the Indians. Rescued by Black Moon, a fierce Oglala warrior, and taken to live in his village, the love that ignites between these two wild hearts is tested by treachery, abduction, and the tensions that erupt between the Sioux and the Army during the tumultuous 1850s. From the war-torn Great Plains to the opulence of St. Louis, a headstrong white girl and a proud Lakota warrior fight for their love and the country of their birth where the wild wind blows.

Take 5 With Nancy Morse

1. What’s your guilty pleasure when it comes to food or drink?

My favorite is dark chocolate. I’ll buy a big chunk and keep it in the freezer and hack off pieces as needed. Once, when I was having plot problems with a current book, the solution came to me while I was eating a piece of chocolate. The fact that dark chocolate may improve blood flow to the brain might have had something to do with it. While it doesn’t solve every plotting problem, I find it impossible to feel bad about it when a chunk of dark chocolate is melting slowly in my mouth. My second guilty-pleasure food is ice cream. There’s a little store in my neighborhood that has odd and wonderful flavors. My favorite is chocolate ice cream with swirls of raspberry and, you guessed it, chunks of dark chocolate.

2. What’s the best review you ever received?

One of the best reviews I ever received was for Where the Wild Wind Blows.

One of the finest books I have had the pleasure to read. Tears of heartache and tears of pure joy, very well written. I felt I was in the story with them. I have never read a book that literally made my muscles tense during the rough scenes to where I had to focus on relaxing them, was amazing, no book has ever affected me this way. I loved it.

What I love about this review is that it wasn’t just a rehash of the story, but it was about the reader’s emotions as she read the story. The muscles tensing part really got me. It tells me I did the job I set out to do when writing this story. I made somebody feel something, and for me, that’s what it’s all about.

3. What’s your biggest goal this year?

For the same reason I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, I don’t set long-term goals for myself. I figure life is already filled with disappointment, so why set myself up for more by failing to meet a resolution or goal? I do, however, set short-term goals. For this year I plan to release two historical romance novels. One will be part of a set I’m doing with the Love Historicals authors due out late this year. The other will be the next book in my Native American series. I’m not a fast writer, so I have my work cut out for me. After that, who knows?

4. How do you celebrate an achievement in your career?

I’ve been in this crazy business for more than 30 years. I’ve had ups and downs and everything in between. To me, everything is an achievement, whether it’s a big deal like a signed contract or just typing The End on a manuscript. And dare I say it, even the rejections I received along the way were achievements because, without them, I wouldn’t be where I am now. I don’t do any real celebrating. I’m not much of a drinker, but a glass of Merlot helps wash down that extra helping of dark chocolate.

5. Any final thing you’d like to say to SlingWords readers?

I’m assuming you’re all here because you love to read. I’ll read just about anything, and that includes cereal boxes. All you ever have to know how to do in life is read and then you can be anyone or go anywhere or learn how to do anything. Reading led me to writing. I hope your love of reading leads you to exciting places, introduces you to ordinary people doing extraordinary deeds, encourages you to be all that you can be, and takes you on many wild and wonderful adventures.

Buy Where the Wild Wind Blows by Nancy Morse

Amazon Kindle * Smashwords * iBooks * B&N Nook or Paperback * KoboBooks

Takeaway Truth

Native American Romance remains a popular romance subgenre. Have you ever read one? If not, try Where the Wild Wind Blows by Nancy Morse.

NOTE from JOAN

I've received several emails about my next book so thought I'd answer them here. For the last several weeks, I've been out of the office more than in due to a family medical emergency. If you've been waiting for the publication of Cinderella Blue, as I have been, the book is finished, but I haven't had enough time in the office to set it up for publishing. When I've been home, I've been exhausted and spent most of my time here trying to catch up on the absolutely-must-do items like paying bills, etc. If you subscribe to my email list, you'll be among the first to know that the book is "live" and available for purchase. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joan, Thank you so much for having me as your guest. This was fun, and it was a pleasure to be here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, you're very welcome, but the pleasure was all mine!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful interview, Joan and Nancy! I enjoyed learning more about Nancy, and dark chocolate is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lyn. Count me as another dark chocolate fan. Looking forward to Valentine chocolates. *g*

      Delete
  3. Nice interview. I enjoy Native American romance. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lalo! Thank you. Glad you found the interview entertaining.

      Delete