Shopping

Are you tired from all that post-Thanksgiving shopping? Do you need to recharge your batteries between now and the official Christmas shopping season that's marked by December 1?

I have two bits of wisdom for you, and both address the appeal shopping holds for women.

The late, great humorist Erma Bombeck said: "Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase."

Come on, girls. We all know that ecstasy, don't we?

The fabulous comedienne Rita Rudner said: "Buying something on sale is a very special feeling. In fact, the less I pay for something, the more it is worth to me. I have a dress that I paid so little for that I am afraid to wear it. I could spill something on it, and then how would I replace it for that amount of money?"

Yep, bargains. We're all bargain shoppers. Bet you have something you bought, even though you didn't need it, because the price was so rock-bottom low that you couldn't leave the store without it.

Takeaway Truth

Remember, you Word Slingers and Word Readers, as an anonymous wit pointed out: "Only one shopping day left until tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment