Don't Make Me Make You Brownies

Nina Cordoba. She is the author of Don't Make Me Make You Brownies, the book I'm reviewing today.

Usually, I place the author's name in the the title of a book review post, but the length of this book's title precludes that. Although the title is long, it's a great title. In fact, from the moment I saw this title, I knew I had to read this book.

I want you to remember Nina's name. I predict she, and her books, will become very popular with readers. I know that I adored Don't Make Me Make You Brownies, and I think you will too.

Book Specs

Available on all major digital book platforms. I read it on my Kindle.

Price: $2.99
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 376 KB
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B005G82APY
Lending: Enabled

The Story

What do you get when you add a heaping helping of sexual desire to a mismatched couple composed of a pickup-scorning, California-liberal TV consumer reporter and a Texas-cowboy/lawyer?

You get a delightful novel of contradictions, conflicts, and, ultimately, compromises as Abbie and Rick learn that if they want something bad enough -- like the love that grows between them -- then they must blaze their own trail and create a world that works for them. After all, isn't that what we all do when we love someone who holds different attitudes and opinions about the external world?

This fish-out-of-water story has some parts that are downright hilarious. There are times when you want to tell Abbie: "Oh, for heaven's sakes! Grow up." But that just means the author did her job and created a character who elicits a strong reaction in the reader.

Never fear. Abbie grows and changes in ways that are believable and organic to her. That, dear readers, is what allows her to get her very own happy ending, enabling her to stay who she is, and, yet, be more than she was at the beginning of the story.

Although, this is a romantic comedy, you won't find very much "on screen" sex scenes or romance for that matter. The love scenes are more edgy and comical than sexy and romantic, but that's okay for this romance cum chick lit.

The story will keep you turning the pages to the very end. Then you'll want to grab everything else written by Nina Cordoba. Like her other book Not Dreaming of You.

Takeaway Truth

A good book is the least expensive form of great entertainment. Try an ebook today!

2 comments:

  1. Love the title!! (Really, anything that has the word "brownies" in it wins me over... :) And your review of the story made me want to pick it up, Joan. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to blame Nina Cordoba for my chocolate binge, and I'm going to blame you, Marilyn, for my ice cream binge because of your book Double Dipping which I'm now reading.

    *LOL*

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete