Redemption


Quote for the Week

Today is all about Redemption so I thought I'd use that as my subject. I'm not going to talk about the religious aspects. If you are like me, you attended Easter services and already heard that sermon.

Instead, I suggest we apply the action of redemption to ourselves and our quest for achievement. If you look up redemption in the dictionary, you'll find some synonyms are: recovery, retrieval, reclamation, reparation, salvation, and rebirth.

Tom Petty, in Lonesome Sundown, sang: "Redemption comes to those who wait, forgiveness is the key."

I think we all need to take a look at ourselves every now and then and maybe forgive ourselves when we've failed or made mistakes. I know in writing we try so hard and push so hard to achieve the success we want, but sometimes success just doesn't come.

Let's call it cumulative non-achievement rather than failure. It's rough on the soul. Sometimes we need to take a step back and just let it go. Forgive ourselves and forgive others if we think they are in some small part responsible for our cumulative non-achievement so we can redeem our dreams and go forward.

Takeaway Truth

Forgiveness, redemption, salvation, and rebirth. It's a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment