Hi, Honey, I'm Home!

I came back after several days away from the office to discover my wonderfully huge external hard drive had failed. Gone into that cyber Bermuda Triangle are all my backup files and a lot of my current files.

I'll be spending several days rebuilding. That's life. Cyber-you-know-what occasionally hits the fan.

In the meantime, I'll catch up on blogging. I have a lot to tell you since I only posted twice this past week. As you all know, I'm good for at least one post a day here at the old Sling Words corporation. (Our motto: We put the K in Kwality.)

Takeaway Truth

Sometimes things get off-kilter, and the only thing to do is set them to rights with a hearty chuckle and a good measure of patience.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch. Sorry to hear about your HD. That always sucks. :S Best of luck getting it all back. I'm looking forward to new posts!

    ~Merc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Merc. If it were only backup copies, I'd buy a new one and junk it. But my massive Adobe Suite was on it with my mom's book manuscript files. I haven't even told her. Of course, it's uploaded to the publisher site but I don't have a backup now.

    Remember: Redundancy is GOOD. The more redundant the better.

    ReplyDelete