Hello, October, Please Come In

I'm pleased to welcome October and hope it will bring cooler weather to my part of Texas.

The autumnal equinox flitted past a couple of weeks ago and made no difference in the ambient temperature. To me, it's difficult to enjoy the autumnal effects when it's 95-100 degrees outside.

AUTUMN BENEFITS

In case we don't get those lovely Fall effects until late November, allow me to rhapsodize over them here.

  • Crisp, refreshing weather
  • Trees putting on their "coats of many colors"
  • Walking outside and hearing the crunch of dried leaves beneath my shoes
  • Dusk arriving early and fading into twilight before 9:00pm
  • Wearing cute sweaters
  • And flannel shirts! I love flannel shirts—especially those owned by my husband. (I raid his closet.)
  • A fire in the hearth that makes everything cozy
  • Candles that smell like pine trees or pumpkin spice
  • Something homemade baking in the oven
  • Halloween and Trick or Treaters ringing the doorbell.   
What's your favorite thing about October?

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

I adore the changing of the seasons, don't you? Let's get something hot to drink.

Sign up for my free NL that offers Exclusive Content, Book Bargains, and New Book News. I promise your email will never be shared. SIGN UP TODAY and receive I LOVE READING in your Inbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment