Saturday Share Recipe: Cowboy Soup

The cold weather has returned. What a great weekend to make a steaming hot pot of soup.

Today, I'm sharing a recipe from my mom's best friend's family cookbook. I've made a few additions to the recipe, but it's still Cowboy Soup.

This delicious beef and vegetable concoction  will warm you from the inside out.

Pair this with a skillet of hot cornbread or a crusty bread like sourdough, French, or Italian for an unforgettable winter meal you'll want to make again and again.

By the way, I linked the Ranch Style Beans and Rotel to Amazon in case your local store doesn't carry these items.

COWBOY SOUP

Ingredients

1 pound of ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

4 medium potatoes, diced large

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

2 cans Ranch Style Beans

1 can Rotel Tomatoes

3 cups beef stock

1 can tomato sauce

Directions

1. Brown and crumble the ground beef. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Add the onions and saute about five minutes until the onion is soft.

2. Add the diced potatoes and saute another five minutes.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients.

4. Stir to mix well.

5. Simmer for at least an hour. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. If the soup has thickened, add a little water and simmer for a few minutes more.

6. Serve hot. Store any leftover soup in the fridge. It will taste even better the next day.

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

I made this soup yesterday, but I forgot to take a picture. We had it for lunch and dinner. By then there wasn't enough left to make a good photo. Since it's one of my goals to take good photos of what I cook, I'll have to do better next time. 

Let me know if you enjoy my version of Cowboy Soup.

Joan participates in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising fees by linking to products on Amazon.

If you love Reading too, sign up for my FREE Newsletter and receive exclusive content, information about new releases, book bargains, and giveaways—plus you'll get a free ebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment