Blog Tip: From General to Specific

If you keep hearing that blogging is dead, don't believe it.

The blog is alive and well.

I've been blogging since 2005, and I still love it. I guess I feel as if I still have something to say.

If you've thought about starting or keeping a blog, here's a tip for you. Do it.

I always say start by making a list of things you would talk about. That's what I think a blog is: talking about something with readers looking for entertainment or information or both.

If you can come up with a list of 5-7 topics that you can easily talk about week after week, then the hard part is over. You do this by doing your thinking with a pen and paper.

Brainstorm that list of things that interest you. Then narrow it down to 5-7 things that interest you enough that you'd like to write about them frequently, as in, 5-7 days a week.

Takeaway Truth

You start out as a generalist and end up with a specific list of subjects. Happy blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment