Thursday3Some: 3 TV Series That Should Live Again

I'm having a difficult time finding TV shows that attract me. 

So many seem populated with characters who act and react in ways opposite the previously established personality, attitudes, experience, and intelligence.

I won't even mention the plot holes big enough to drive a truck through or the contrived events to make the plot work. Seriously, all the good TV series seem to be on streaming services. 

I'll quit complaining and list 3 TV series that should live again.

1. Firefly (but only if written by Joss Whedon) I ignore talk of rebooting it with a new cast.

2. Longmire (but only with the Aussie actor Robert Taylor who played Longmire). Netflix had their chance with this one, and they canceled it. Interestingly enough, the audience keeps discovering this show and loving it.

3. The Catch (with the original cast of Mireille Enos and Peter Krause). That was a delightful romantic comedy/thriller in the spirit of Remington Steele.

3 Disappointing Streaming Offerings

1. Season 4, Cobra Kai. They could have called the season History Repeats Itself since the middle school kids are acting like the high school kids who acted like the senseis of the original movie. Couldn't they think of any other kind of conflict?

2. Don't Look Up with Leonardo di Caprio. OMG! What was he thinking when he signed on to make that movie. I guess it's just me, but the movie comes off as an uncomfortable ménage à trois of comedy, satire, and drama—or is it parody, action, and something else?

3. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. OMG again. I hope those actors were paid well. You know how many times Pacino says, "F***," in the movie Scarface? 

Well, THWB surpasses that by hundreds I guess. Technically, they say F*** and m*****f*** and various forms of the words every few minutes for the length of the movie. (I don't have a mature rating on the blog thus I imply the words so my rating stays clean.)

Takeaway Truth

Okay, I'm finished griping. If you watch any really good network TV shows or streaming series or movies, tell me about it in Comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment