Thanksgiving Gift: Gratitude

In the United States, on the 4th Thursday of November, we celebrate  Thanksgiving.

I decided to make November a time to give the gift of Gratitude.

The Gift of Gratitude

Yes, gratitude is a gift you can give to yourself and to those close to you. Rather than griping about what's wrong, actively express gratitude about what's right.

I decided to give the Gift of Gratitude by sending a personal note to family and friends to thank them for being a blessing in my life, and also tell them how they have blessed my life.

Giving this gift to others makes you feel so good mentally and emotionally. Giving gratitude makes you aware of all you have for which to be grateful. It's like giving the Gift of Gratitude to yourself.

The Gift of No Complaints

In addition to giving the gift of Gratitude to those I love, I'm giving the gift of No Complaints to my Darling Hubby. No complaining this month about the aches and pains that plague me on a daily basis.

I can manage some of the pain, but eliminating it hasn't worked so far, but during November I'm silencing my complaints.

I'm always saying "focus on what's good in your life, not what's bad," but I often have a difficult time doing that. It's not easy. It's a learned skill, and I still have to work at it.'

Speak gratitude. Write gratitude. Think about it. Dwell on it.

Takeaway Truth

I think this month of Thanksgiving is the perfect time to do this. Maybe you'll be inspired to do the same. Please let me know if you give yourself the gift of gratitude. If you do, especially let me know if it makes a difference in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have had major surgery and with covid will not see family this year. This year I will be doing just this, sending our cards of Thanksgiving to all those that are blessings in my life ๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many of us have made the same decision. We won't be hosting or visiting those we love most during the holidays because we love them the most. We'll be video visiting, comforted by knowing we're all protecting each other. I wish you the best Thanksgiving ever and best wishes for a full and fast recovery.

      Delete