Must Get Book: Best-Loved Songs of Christmas

When Christmas comes, I pull out my copy of Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas by Ace Collins.

I love reading the history of the Christmas carols I've sung since I was a child. These are the songs we all know and love.

I first read this book and its companion, More Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas, on my Kindle.

I found myself reading from these books every Christmas. I decided others would like these as gifts so I started giving them as Christmas presents.

The Kindle editions of all the books are inexpensive, the paperback editions are moderately priced, and the hardcover editions vary from affordable for used copies to expensive for new copies of the rarer books. There should be a price point for every budget.

A few years ago, I got the hardcovers for myself so I could pull them from the bookshelf and read a selection from them to the grandkids.

Build a tradition around one or more of these books. I think these books are wonderful which is why I blog about them during the
holidays.

I was pleased to see the author has other "Stories Behind" Books.

More Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas

Stories Behind the Greatest Hits of Christmas (Pop Hits)

Stories Behind the Great Traditions of Christmas

Stories behind the Songs and Hymns about Heaven

Takeaway Truth

So if you're looking for a gift for yourself or for someone else, try these books. Anyone who knows these songs will love these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment