Today's Inspiration for Writers from Jack Bickham

It's the end of the day, and I'm tired. I do have a great quotation to share with writers.

"It is more profitable to stay aware of trends generally, yet concentrate your energies on simply writing the best novel you know how to write. Don't chase the market. Write the novel that is in you." ~ Jack Bickham, Author & University Professor of Creative Writing program

Takeaway Truth

Jack Bickham taught me much through his books on writing. I still re-read them from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello to all of you,

    I wanted to make you aware of a new book about the writer Jack Bickham. Since Mr. Bickham loved Oklahoma, taught, wrote, and lived there during his life I thought you might find this an interesting read. It is very well researched, thorough and fun.

    "Killers, Crooks and Spies: Jack Bickham's Fiction" is available for pre-order now for $1.88 on amazon.com
    If you are interested, it's worth a look.

    I am trying to find places and people that would be interested in this book. If you know anyone who would be interested, a Jack Bickham fan, friend, past student, etc. can you forward this or let me know?

    THANKS A MILLION! Have a wonderful day.

    https://www.amazon.com/Killers-Crooks-Spies-Bickhams-Fiction-ebook/dp/B091NJ2F2R/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ben+boulden&qid=1617904569&sr=8-3

    ReplyDelete