Change: The Only Constant

I'm trying to be the warrior, not the worrier.
There are some unsettling changes going on in my life. Like most humans on this planet, I don't like change. I've decided that's because too many of the changes I've experienced aren't for the better.

I looked up some online articles about how to survive change--as if I'm a novice in the change department. Most of them basically say to re-frame the way one looks at change or to celebrate what's new and good in the change.

Yeah, well, I'm working on it. (If this were a line of dialogue, I'd be forced to write it this way. "Yeah, well, I'm working on it," she grumbled.)

So I looked at some inspiring quotes. I made a list. I think I'll read and then write a quotation about 10 times every day until it soaks into my subconscious. Then when I'm upset, I can't repeat it like a little parrot to myself.

Let me share some of them with you.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. ~ Jimmy Dean

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. ~ Maya Angelou

Change your thoughts and you change your world. ~ Norman Vincent Peale

Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays. ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. ~ Stephen Hawking

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the game. ~ Randy Pausch

Takeaway Truth

Change comes whether we want it or not so we might as well learn how to deal with it. I'm working on it. I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment