Corpus Christi weekend

I'm tired from the weekend. My dh and I went to Body of Christ. For those who aren't Texan, that's the Latin translation of Corpus Christi down on the ocean in South Texas. I love Corpus, that's what most Texans call it. Beautiful ocean front. That's the reason the tourism trade touts it as The Sparkling City by the Sea.

If you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere, visit Corpus. It's certainly won a lot of awards and titles like All-America City, Digital City (has city-wide Wifi), Best City to Stretch A Paycheck, and Least Depressed City.

Great place to set a book because there's a wonderful ethnic diversity, lots of scenic "stuff" and tourist-y things all within proximity of oil refineries, a Naval Air Station, universities, etc. Corpus is a big city (200,000+) in small town wrappings.

If you've ever been a spring breaker in Texas, it's the city near Padre Island. You probably just overlooked it in your hormone-infused party fever.

I need an extra cup of java this morning to get going so I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Sling Words out.

No comments:

Post a Comment