March Update on 24 in 2024

In January, I posted 24 for 2024, a list of 24 things I wanted to tackle this year. I didn't call these goals or resolutions. They're just a list of things I wanted to focus on this year.

In that first post, I didn't list all 24. I wrote about 3 things I planned to work on in January. I didn't post in February. 

I think it's time I confessed how well or poorly I've done so far.

The January 3 and my progress report follow.

(1) Regain my energy and muscle mass I'd lost when sick the previous year by walking and engaging in the weight lifting program I've always used. I've done pretty well with this one and walked more days than I've missed.

(2) Workout in the morning within thirty minutes of waking up.  Ack! I managed to do this 3 times in 2 months. I'm just not a morning person. However, I have lifted weights a couple of days each week and I'm still working toward doing at least 6 times a week.

(3) Return to my previous Monday through Friday office schedule, starting at 8:00AM and ending at 5:00PM. Again, I just haven't got into this groove. Every day it seems as if something has to be done in the mornings then it's lunch time, and before I know it, I'm walking into myoffice at 2:00 in the afternoon and working until 8 at night and going to bed before 11:00. My whacked-out schedule needs to change.

ANOTHER 3 FROM 24 IN 2024

(4) Make a decision about Kindle Vella. I've already done this. I wrote 3 long books that were published a chapter at a time with Vella. After analyzing the data, it just doesn't pay off in the long-term even with bonuses. I'll be publishing those in print and digital this year.

(5) Be more active on social media. I'm working on it, but it still takes a lot of time because it's too easy to get sucked in.

(6) Publish all my books "wide" which means make them available on all book-selling platforms. I've already started on this. As my books age out of KU, I'm removing them and publishing them "wide" through Draft2Digital which distributes just about everywhere worldwide. 

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

That's my report. What about you? Did you make a 24 in 2024 list? If so, how are you progressing?  Leave a comment and tell me. 

Get Joan's FREE Newsletter, I LOVE READING.
Not a subscriber? Click here to SIGN UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment