7 Be Happy Tips

On one of my New Year's posts, I stated that I had only 1 New Year's Resolution aka Goal aka Challenge.

Every day I just want to be happy to be here.

Almost 3 months have passed so I thought I'd share some thoughts on my be happy to be here goal.

To be candid, I chose that goal because of the passing of my sister-in-law Judy. I still can't think about that without crying.

Like I said in that January post, "Your life is passing with every day you worry and fret. Consciously remember to be happy today. Not tomorrow. Today."

Many people don't seem to know how what constitutes happiness. It's defined as a state of well-being or joy. I define it as feeling calm and at peace with yourself and your world. 

7 BE HAPPY TIPS

1. Learn how to work more effectively rather than work harder.

2. Enjoy yourself more whether at work or leisure—unless you're already spending way too much time in the pursuit of pleasure.

You must have a good balance between hard effective work and play.

3. Never let your work monopolize all your time.

No one on a death bed ever said they regretted not working harder.

4. At the same time, change your attitude about work.

Most people link work to something unpleasant. Reframe the way you think about how you earn your income. If you truly hate what you're doing, find a better way to make a living.

5. Learn to choose optimism rather than negativity.

Thinking negatively is like fertilizing weeds in the garden.

6. Realize and accept that the way you think about yourself determines your future.

If you always think of yourself as loser (choose your own negative label), you'll be that because you'll constantly sabotage yourself and your efforts. 

7. Learn to ignore negative comments from others.

Remember the old rhyme? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." The truth is that words can hurt, and some people like to hurt others. These people are all over the internet. You may have run into some of them.

Sadly, they're also found among friends and family, and they may not even know how hateful their comments are. If you can't remove these people from your world, you must learn to ignore what they say if you're going to spend time with them.

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

Choose Joy, not sadness. Choose optimism, not pessimism. Choose serenity, not frustration. Enjoy every day of your life. You deserve that.

DROP BY AND VISIT JOAN ONLINE

Website * Blog * Amazon * BookBub * Facebook * Twitter * YouTube 


No comments:

Post a Comment