Saturday Share: A Pillow That Helps Me Sleep

I often share a recipe on Saturdays, but today I want to tell you about a pillow I bought that has helped me more than the dozen other pillows I've tried in the last couple of years.

Sounds ridiculous I guess, but it's true.

I have a problem with the cervical vertebra in my spine. For years, I bought my pillows from my chiropractor. It was made of a soft foam, NOT memory foam which I abhor, and was curved like a wave. A small curve on one long edge and a larger curve on the opposite--for someone larger than me.

Alas, my chiropractor retired, and I've never found pillows like the ones he sold--and not for lack of trying. I think I've ordered every similar looking pillow on Amazon. I like ordering as an Amazon Prime Member because there's no problem sending something back if it doesn't work for me.

None of the pillows that were curved like my old ones ever fit my neck. I've tried so-called hotel pillows, down pillows, and memory foam which smelled so bad I couldn't stand to have them in the house! (Then I read about the "gassing" of memory foam and knew I didn't want a product with that in it! Just Google, memory foam toxicity.)

Mr. Google Knows Everything

When I spend a lot of time at the computer, my neck and shoulders rebel. For the last month, I've woken every morning with my neck hurting.

Frustrated, I went to Google and typed in "best rated pillows" and found a website that listed the top 10 pillows on Amazon based on ratings--hundreds of ratings.

I read the article and discarded those containing memory foam. I found one that seemed to have that "wave" edge styling of my pillows from years ago. This pillow is called: Nature's Guest Cervical Support Pillow - Fully Adjustable, Doctor Recommended Contour Design - Helps Reduce Neck and Back Pain, Improve Cervical Health - Hypoallergenic, for Back and Side Sleepers

It had me at "Reduce Neck and Back Pain."

The pillow is covered in 100% cotton plus it's filled with soft poly-fill. It has a zipper on each end so you can actually go in to redistribute the poly-fill, add to it (they send you a small bag of it), or remove some.

The pillow is a bit pricey at $59.97, but I was desperate. I ordered one this past week. Instructions come with it about fluffing it and adjusting it.

When it arrived, I laid on it. Then I removed a little of the poly-fill and slept on it Thursday night. OMG! I had the best sleep I've had in months! No neck pain when I awoke. Friday night, same thing. It's wonderful!

I'm inclined to say it's a miracle. It's amazing how good you feel when you actually sleep well. This morning, I ordered a second pillow for my husband who also complains of sleeping poorly.

Takeaway Truth

In case you're also someone who sleeps poorly, try this pillow. I don't know if it will work for you as well as it did for me, but I wanted to share this information in case you're as desperate as I was for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment