All I've Got Today

Today has been a long hard day of editing.

I'm exhausted. Physically and mentally.

Why is writing so hard? I often ask myself that.

George Orwell--he wrote 1984 among other works--said: "Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout with some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.”

Yep. George was right. That's true for me today. At least I finished the edit.You see, formatting has changed so much since I published my first book online, I set a goal this year of checking each book to see if it was up to date with the changes.

Of course, I can't seem to do that without making small edits along the way. At this rate, it'll take me to the end of the year to finish this project--maybe longer since I'm also writing new books along the way.

Tomorrow, I start my first Christmas project. Yes, first. I have plans to finish a novella and 3 holiday short stories. Oh, and I also have 2 novels to finish before the end of the year.

Nothing like big ambitious plans, is there? *g* Wish me luck.

Takeaway Truth

I think I need some brain candy, otherwise known as television. Maybe a glass of wine too. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment