Paint and Painters

Ah, the joy of paint. I've been inhaling paint fumes for the last few days as my wonderful crew of painters transforms my lovely Tuscan-inspired wall colors to realtor-loving neutrals.

One of my favorite comedians Steven Wright said: "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it."

That thought took my fancy today. I guess because it made me think about the size of the rooms that are being painted. To me, they don't seem excessively large, but looking at them from the perspective of painting them, they seem humongous. Thus, the pros we contracted.

Fascinating People

The leader of our painting crew is a very nice gentleman who told us that he's been painting houses for 36 years -- since he was a 14-year-old boy in the Dominican Republic. He's very good at his job and can do just about anything with paint.

I've always liked talking to the people who work around my home. It's amazing how many countries are represented by the craftsmen in the Houston area. A few years ago, a trio of brothers from Serbia did our wood flooring, and a group of young men from Mexico did our tile floors. The painting crew whom I suspect are all from the Dominican Republic are the best painters I've seen.

Takeaway Truth

Talking to people from all walks of life is a pleasure. You never know who may have the most fascinating story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment