Restlessness

Quote For The Week

"I am a restlessness inside a stillness inside a restlessness." Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle, 1948.

What do you think that means? Somehow, that Zen-like quotation describes the way I feel in the spring. I'm possessed of a restless spirit, hidden from the world by a facade of serenity which poses as an assertive go-getter. Kind of reminds me of Oma who said: "The tall man cannot hide in the short weeds."

Now, if you know who Oma is, then you'll understand I'm engaging in a one-sided conversation illustrated by the esoteric and obscure. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels restless and in need of change around the Vernal Equinox; otherwise, the term spring cleaning would not exist.

Takeaway Truth

Clearing out the dust and must of winter along with the clutter inhabiting closets and cupboards has a cathartic effect on the restless malaise afflicting so many at this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment