Random Roundup for Writers

I enjoy Liana Brooks blog, especially her Friday Random. Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - which is nicer than saying I'm going to rip off her idea (Actually, I do admire and flatter.) - I've decided to occasionally do my own Friday Random and put my own spin on it.

Random Quote

Game shows are designed to make us feel better about the random, useless facts that are all we have left of our education. Chuck Palahniuk (1962 - ) in Invisible Monsters, 1999.

Random News

Jonathan Bailey of Plagiarism Today, a blog to which you should subscribe if you're serious about your writing career, has added a new page. Check out Copyright Myths if you're a novice or if you just need to refresh your knowledge about Copyright basics.

Random Giveaway

Over at Paperback Writer, you can register for a very nice giveaway.

Random Psychology

My peeps over at the PASIC (Published Authors Special Interest Chapter) blog 2 B Read have an excellent article on Self-Sabotage.

Random Agent FYI

Lori Perkins, Literary Agent and new editor for ePub Ravenous Romance, gives her take on how the economic slowdown affects writers.

Random Writing Contest

This one is a biggy. St. Martin's/Minotaur hosts it every year, but I just remembered it. My bad. Deadline is October 15, 2008. If you have a cozy mystery, get it ready to mail. Read more about Malice Domestic Writing Competition including all the rules.

Takeaway Truth

Is anything truly random or coincidental or is coincidence merely God's way of remaining anonymous?

No comments:

Post a Comment