Happy Birthday, N P R

Do you listen to NPR? I do. I'm happy to say Happy Birthday to National Public Radio which is 36 years old today.

Yes, they have cultural programming, news, editorials, political talk, and all that, but my very favorite program on NPR is Car Talk, or as I call them, Click & Clack, the Boston mechanics aka Tom and Ray Magliozzi. I don't even know anything about cars and engines and such, but I find myself listening to these two from
"Bahston" and their "Cah" Talk as they diagnose engine maladies from nebulous descriptions. I guess my favorite part are the end credits where they give tribute to their team of lawyers, Huey, Duey, and Louie among others.

Research tells me that NPR was founded as an alternative to commercial, and commercial-ridden, radio with the goal of informing, educating, and entertaining which they certainly do. With 600 member stations, NPR's satellite-based network radio can be heard all over the U. S., D. C., Puerto Rico, and Guam. They claim 13 million fans.

So Happy Birthday, dear old NPR, honestly, no one would guess you're 36. You don't look a day older than 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment