Need a good laugh?

I'm riding low in the saddle today to use a Texas expression. Spent the weekend at house #1 which is under renovation. It was miserably cold with a constant brisk wind of about 15-20 mph. Started feeling bad Sunday. By Monday I was all congested.

I'm trying to avoid another bout of bronchitis so I opened up my Humor File for a dose of laughter and feel good endorphins. These One Liners from comic Stephen Wright float around cyberspace, docking every now and then in my Inbox. Laugh with me, and we'll both feel better.

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Just think how much deeper the ocean would be if sponges didn't live there.

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

Whatever happened to preparations A through G?

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

I went for a walk last night and my kids asked me how long I'd be gone. I said, "The whole time."

How come you don't ever hear about gruntled employees? And who has been dissing them anyhow?

After eating, do amphibians need to wait an hour before getting OUT of the water?

Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?

If you're sending someone some styrofoam, what do you pack it in?

I just got skylights put in my place. The people who live above me are furious.

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

We all know light travels faster than sound. Is that why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Americans throw rice at weddings. Do Asians throw hamburgers?

Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished? Shouldn't they be called builts?

Why do banks charge you an "insufficient funds" fee on money they already know you don't have?

If the universe is everything and scientists say that the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

If you got into a taxi and the driver started driving backward, would the taxi driver end up owing you money?

Do fish get cramps after eating?

Why do scientists call it research when looking for something new?

Why is it, when a door is open it's ajar, but when a jar is open, it's not a door?

How come Superman could stop bullets with his chest, but always ducked when someone threw a gun at him?

If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?

Why does bottled lemon juice contains mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?

Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?

Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure" it?

Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Should you trust a stockbroker who's married to a travel agent?

Is boneless chicken considered an invertebrate?

Do married people live longer than single people, or does it just SEEM longer?

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

1 comment:

  1. i love stephen wright; and it's no small coincidence people tell me i remind them of him... great stuff.

    ReplyDelete