Top 10 Worst Christmas Movies

See that picture at left? Yep, we're going to talk about movies at which viewers want to throw rotten tomatoes.

Everyone talks about the best Christmas movies, but no one really talks about the worst. If you do a little research online, you'll find several "worst Christmas movies" posts.

I'm not mentioning any Christmas movie I saw this year. The opinions below are mine. I was forced to watch the ones below and did so out of politeness at holiday family gatherings. I did research lists of worsts from various websites, and I wasn't surprised that the ones on my list are on other lists too.

Top 10 Worst Christmas Movies

10. Santa Claus 3: the Escape Clause starring Tim Allen and Martin Short. To be honest, I never really liked the previous movies in this franchise, but that's just me. I know tons of people who loved the first one.

9. Jingle All the Way starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sinbad, Phil Hartman, and Rita Wilson. Arnold as a crazed parent desperately needing to get his kid the hot toy of the season? No. Didn't do it for me. 

8. Home Alone 3 starring—sorry, cast—no one with star power needed to pull this one off. They should have stopped at the first Home Alone which was genuinely funny and refreshing.

7. Four Christmases starring Vince Vaughn, Reese Witherspoon, and Robert Duvall. How could all of those actors make such a tedious, un-merry movie?

6. Christmas with the Kranks starring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. How could Tim Allen make such an unfunny movie?

5. A Christmas Story 2 starring Daniel Stern is an insult to the endearing holiday classic that so many of us love. Stern should have said no thanks.

4. Jingle All the Way 2 starring Larry the Cable Guy. I know there are millions probably who think the "Gitterdone" guy is hilarious. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. The first move was bad so why make a sequel?

3. Jack Frost starring Michael Keaton. Who thought this was a great premise for a holiday movie? Kill the main character within minutes of the opening credits then reincarnate him as a snowman? Stupid.

2. Fred Claus starring Vince Vaughn as Santa's sleazy brother. Come on, people. Stop making mean-spirited movies that suck the Christmas spirit from viewers. This was the second holiday stinker for Vaugn.

1. Silent Night, Deadly Night and all of the sequels to this horrible horror film. Christmas horror film are 3 words that simply don't go together. It's just so wrong. 

Takeaway Truth

Christmas movies should make a person feel good, not dispirited. Maybe awful Christmas movies are written by depressed pessimistic screenwriters. Readers, jingle all the way to the Comments section and tell me what Christmas movies you dislike.

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately, I haven't seen the movies you mentioned. I recently sat through Home Alone 2, which was I hated. We started The Christmas Chronicles, starring Kurt Russell, and couldn't finish it. I love Kurt Russell, but he needed better material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast forward to the scene where Kurt is in jail. That scene is priceless.

      Delete