Alexa Skill Review: Night Light

Do you roam the house at night? I do. I often go to my office because I can't sleep.

My Alexa Echo device is on a cabinet right next to the stairs.

With Alexa Skill, Night Light, free to enable, I can light my way up the stairs and have it turn itself off.

Since there are similar Night Light skills, make sure you don't have another one installed because of similar invocation commands.

In fact, on this skill's webpage, you are advised to read the FAQ's first. One of them addresses the problem of having a similar skill installed.

Night Light by labworks.io ltd

The 1,896 reviews show the popularity of this skill. Night Light lets your Alexa cast a cool, subdued glow that's enough to see your way without turning on lights or leaving a night light on in a room. It's a pulsing glow that provides just enough light.

Skill Details

Invocation Name: night light. Simply say, “Alexa, open Night Light.”

Contains Dynamic Content.

Supported Languages: English (AU), English (CA), English (GB), English (IN), English (US), German (DE).

To close the skill, say "Alexa, stop."

To turn Night Light off after a specified amount of time, say "Alexa, open night light for X minutes.”

X can be anything you say, from 3 seconds to 3 minutes to 5 minutes and 15 seconds.

Takeaway Truth

I think you'll find this simple skill extremely useful. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment