Taking Down the Tree Day

Yep. Today, the tree came down, the mantel was cleared of garlands and swags, and the decorations in the yard were stored away until next year.

Wow. There's such a sense of satisfaction in seeing my unadorned house again. It always looks bigger and cleaner.

I saw this quotation from Greg Fitzsimmons. He said, "Taking down the Christmas tree makes it feel official: time to get back to joyless and cynical."

That gets a snort of laughter, but I don't agree with what he said.

I see the taking down of the tree as a marker that it's time to finish cleaning out last year's clutter, organize the financial papers for tax time, and generally breathe in the fresh air of an exciting New Year.

The house guests have left. Tomorrow morning, Darling Hubby will pull the Total Gym out of the guest room closet and set it up again.

Takeaway Truth

In the morning, I'll take action on my New Year commitment to take time for myself every day. Move more, sit less. See you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment