Chocolate Cake in a Cup

Recipe-Share Saturday: Chocolate Cake in a Cup

I love chocolate cake, but I rarely have time to make a beautiful layer cake. So when I want to satisfy my craving for cake, I make my 5 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Cup.

I was mixing it up and thought I'd share it with readers again. I posted the recipe on the blog a while back, but some of you may not have seen it.

This cute and delicious chocolate cake can go from thinking about cake to actually eating cake in 5 minutes. Does it make your mouth water just thinking about that gooey warm chocolate?

5 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Cup

You’ll need microwave-safe mugs or cups or small Pyrex baking dishes. You can make this recipe in 2 or 4 cups depending on how large a cake you want. I actually use 4 cups and serve them on their matching saucers. Cute little small cakes to serve. To make it extra special, just add a dollop of me whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top of the cakes for a really yummy dessert.

Ingredients
  • 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
  • 4 tablespoons any kind of sugar (white, raw, brown)
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil (canola, safflower, sunflower, or generic vegetable oil)
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Into a small mixing bowl, place flour, sugar, and cocoa. Mix together. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the vanilla and mix well.

Place mugs in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts power. The cakes will rise beautifully. Remove from microwave and allow to cool a little. You can tip it out onto a plate or serve the cup with its saucer and a spoon.

If you want to get fancy, you can mix up a batch of chocolate frosting. Here's my recipe for that. It makes a bunch, but you can actually divide it up into small freeze bags and defrost a bit when you need it.

Best Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter and stir in cocoa. Add powdered sugar alternating with the milk. Beat on medium speed until mixture is spreading consistency. Add more milk, teaspoon by teaspoon, until consistency is perfect. Beat vanilla in last. Makes about 2 cups of the most delicious frosting.

Takeaway Truth

Let me know if you try this delicious, fast and easy way to get a chocolate fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment