Review: No Easy Day

No Easy Day? Excellent title for an excellent account of an important moment of justice in our history.

This is for the audio book edition of No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden by Mark Owen with Kevin Maurer, narrated by Holter Graham.

For you ebook enthusiasts: No Easy Day, Kindle Edition

For hardcover enthusiasts: No Easy Day, Hardcover Edition

As is my custom when I review ebooks, I give the Kindle Buy Links or the Audible Buy Links since I read most books on my Kindle or listen to them on my iPod or iPhone after purchasing from Audible. However, I'm certain every book I review is available at most ebook sellers, and audio books are also on iTunes so look for them on the platforms that match your ebook reading or your buying preference. (Click here to shop for your very own Kindle.)

This was the third Navy SEAL memoir my darling hubby and I have listened to. Ripped from the headlines doesn't begin to describe the drama of this first-person account from Mark Owen, a Navy SEAL who participated in the mission.

Narration

Holter Graham is an accomplished actor that you've probably seen in movies, television, or on stage. He's narrated many books and brings his experience and talent to No Easy Day, breathing life into this memoir.

About The Book

Owen gives background information about what it was really like in Iraq and about the daring rescue of Captain Richard Phillips in the Indian Ocean. He takes you from the mountains of Afghanistan to the thwarted efforts to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice until finally that priority mission was accomplished.

Owen gives a step by step narrative of the assault he and the other handpicked members of the 24-man team accomplished. Many times, it seemed like Mission Impossible, but these highly-trained, dedicated operatives did accomplish it at great risk to their own lives. The assault didn't go perfectly, but it probably went as well as could be expected given the unpredictability of Fate.

Again, I felt humbled by the dedication and service of these remarkable men. If I were ever kidnapped and held hostage, I'd want a "Get out of Hell" card from these guys.

Takeaway Truth

Highly recommended to anyone interested in the truth of what's really going on "over there," this excellent account of a seminal moment of justice in our history is spell-binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment